Seed is seeking a Front-End Developer to join its Engineering Team in New York. As a member of Seed Scientific’s Engineering Team, you will be joining an interdisciplinary group of scientists, mathematicians, designers, and engineers that work with commercial, public and social sector clients to help them solve their most challenging problems and get the most out of their data.
You will apply your engineering skills to design, build and deploy custom data-driven tools, visualizations and platforms. Recent work has included visualizing large amounts of data to surface new insights, designing state-of-the-art network visualizations, enabling real-time analysis of complex phenomena, and the Visualizing.org community platform.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or at least three years of applicable experience
- You have a web development portfolio
- You are curious, love learning new technologies and testing new ideas
- Comfortable with UI/UX design
- Experience working in and designing for multiple browsers
Technical skills we look for:
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Other web development frameworks such as Bootstrap, Backbone, Angular, Ember, etc.
- Working with APIs
- Version control system (preferably git)
- Visualization frameworks: d3.js, Raphael
- Linux Server Administration
- Cloud Server Administration (AWS, etc.)
About Seed Scientific
Seed solves big problems with big data. We architect data-driven, technology-based solutions to a wide range of complex problems for global clients in the commercial, public, and social sectors -- like GE and the United Nations. To learn more, visit seedscientific.com.